- Importance of Agriculture Agriculture plays a vital role in India’s economy.
- Farmer IssuesDespite India’s progress in the agricultural sector, Farmers still face a host of challenges.
- FAIFA Activities Our Focus is Empowerment of Farmers and safeguarding their interests.
- Social OutreachFAIFA works with small and marginal farmers and indigenous communities in the rural areas of the country.
- Government Initiatives Government has undertaken several pro-farmer measures
Importance of Agriculture
Agriculture, with its allied sectors, is the largest source of livelihood in India. 54.6% of the total workforce is engaged in agricultural and allied sector activities while 57.8% of rural households are engaged in agriculture.
Despite the country registering tremendous progress in the agricultural sector, Farmers in India still face a host of challenges.
Our Focus is Empowerment of Farmers and safeguarding their interests. Towards this endeavour we represent and interact with political leaders, policy makers and media.
Government has undertaken several pro-farmer measures and initiatives towards enhancing agricultural infrastructure and increasing farmer incomes.