- Importance of Agriculture Agriculture plays a vital role in India’s economy.
- Farmer IssuesDespite India’s progress in the agricultural sector, Farmers still face a host of challenges.
- FAIFA Activities Our Focus is Empowerment of Farmers and safeguarding their interests.
- Social OutreachFAIFA works with small and marginal farmers and indigenous communities in the rural areas of the country.
- Government Initiatives International Year of Millets -2023
Importance of Agriculture
Agriculture, with its allied sectors, is the largest source of livelihood in India. 54.6% of the total workforce is engaged in agricultural and allied sector activities while 57.8% of rural households are engaged in agriculture.
Despite the country registering tremendous progress in the agricultural sector, Farmers in India still face a host of challenges.
Our Focus is Empowerment of Farmers and safeguarding their interests. Towards this endeavour we represent and interact with political leaders, policy makers and media.
International Year of Millets -2023
The United Nations General Assembly has declared the year 2023 as the ‘International Year of Millets’ (IYM2023). This was adopted by a United Nations Resolution for which India took the lead and was supported by over 70 nations.